[Interest] Will a Qt 5.x release support macOS 11?

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Thu Dec 10 08:40:21 CET 2020

On Donnerstag, 10. Dezember 2020 01:50:41 CET Sze Howe Koh wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Dec 2020 at 20:48, Tor Arne Vestbø <Tor.arne.Vestbo at qt.io> wrote:
> > > On 9 Dec 2020, at 13:16, Tor Arne Vestbø <Tor.arne.Vestbo at qt.io> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Benjamin,
> > >
> > > Qt 5 will officially support macOS 11 in upcoming 5.15 and 5.12 patch
> > > releases, but should work fine already. If you encounter issues with
> > > the current releases (or preferably after building from git), please
> > > let us know by filing bug reports. Thanks!>
> > Correction, 5.15, not 5.12.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Tor Arne
>
> Hi Tor Arne,
>
> To clarify: Qt 5.15 will continue to receive patch releases under the
> open source licenses until all the planned Qt 5 add-on modules are
> migrated/supported in Qt 6, right?

Patch releases during the LTS part of Qt 5.15's life will be opensourced a
year after their release. With the exception of security fixes, and the entire
module of QtWebEngine, which will remain open throughout.

Don't know about the other postponed modules, I don't think any exceptions has
been made for them so far. You should direct such question at Qt management.

Best regards
Allan