[Interest] Generate pdb for qmake.exe on Windows

Adam Light aclight at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 17:15:40 CET 2020

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 7:46 AM Joerg Bornemann <joerg.bornemann at qt.io>
wrote:

> On 12/11/20 4:40 PM, Adam Light wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to build Qt in such a way that debugging symbols for
> > qmake itself are generated?
>
> Not out of the box. Edit qmake/Makefile in your build directory and
> - add /Zi to CFLAGS_BARE
> - add /DEBUG to LFLAGS
> then run "nmake clean" and "nmake".

Thanks for the help.

But I don't see a qmake directory in my build directory. Did you mean the
qtbase\qmake directory in my build directory? I do have that one.

Isn't qmake.exe created by configure.exe itself? Or is it built once by
configure.exe and then rebuilt when building the rest of Qt?

Thanks
Adam