[Interest] Digest sending emails every 10 minutes or so

Roland Hughes roland at logikalsolutions.com
Fri Dec 18 14:32:06 CET 2020

One of the SPAM issues might have been my earlier message when I linked
the page for Blue Fish editor to innocently point someone to the editor
I seemed to remember using to "fix" corrupted UI files.  I did not know
that the editor had a mailing list and said mailing list was on the
SPAML offenders list for being "insecure" or something like that. It
might also be because it is a list that comes out without an Unsubscribe
link at the bottom. I don't know if it is SPAML or one of the others,
but that is quick becoming an international SPAM standard for mailing
lists. Mail from the list must include an "unsubscribe" link at the
bottom. Not just instructions, but a link.

This is really breaking an awful lot of lists.

Many lists traditionally operate in the manner of this one. We can
directly reply to someone and maybe copy the list. The list moderator
may or may not choose to include the email in the digest email that goes
out.

That runs afoul of this new rule in three ways.

1) None of our personal email clients automatically include an
"unsubscribe" link for the list when we reply yet our subject line
indicates list content by beginning with "Re: [Interest]"

2) The "unsubscribe" information for out list isn't a link at the
bottom. It is a URL near the top.

3) This list is TEXT ONLY. It cannot include an html unsubscribe link.

Btw. Everyone who sets their email client to default to HTML creates
lovely content in both the digest and the archive.