[Interest] Can I mix Qt VS Tools with Visual Studio's "Linux development with C++" to build a Qt app on Linux?

Miguel Costa miguel.costa at qt.io
Tue Feb 4 14:52:03 CET 2020

> If Visual Studio is capable of running qmake remotely when compiling on Linux

VS should be capable of running any command via SSH.

> The VS Addin will not help you with that.

I guess the add-in will be just as helpful for Linux as it is for Win32. It is certainly not essential -- setting up the MSVC project manually is always possible (though a little trickier in the case of a Linux build). The add-in simplifies much of that setup work, and also provides a close integration of Qt tools with MSBuild through the use of Qt-specific targets. This will also be the case when compiling on Linux.

BR,
--Miguel