[Interest] QAbstractEventDispatcher - registerSocketNotifier(), unregisterSocketNotifier()

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Feb 4 16:50:17 CET 2020

On Monday, 3 February 2020 12:37:59 PST Narolewski Jakub wrote:
> For the love of God I can't find it. Do I understand correctly, that I
> should look for another place that call register / unregister
> SocketNotifier() directly?

No, look at QAbstractSocketEngineReceiver.

But a quick look at the code indicates I may be mis-remembering things. That's
just a quick way for QAbstractSocket to be notified by the engine, but the
engine seems to still be using QSocketNotifier. See QReadNotifier,
QWriteNotifier and QExceptionNotifier in qnativesocketengine.cpp.