[Interest] Fwd: Re: Signal/Slot connection fails, even, though QMetaObject::activate is called

Roland Hughes roland at logikalsolutions.com
Sat Feb 15 16:38:29 CET 2020

+3

I have worked in midrange shops where where we could only build from a
CMS library. You could "local compile" a single source file within LSE
or a BUILD-ONE command file, but you could only build a testable binary
from a CMS library. Every developer had their own CMS (Code Management
System). Once we had local compiled the files we changed we had to put
them back into CMS to build a testable binary. When we thought things
worked we had to promote to one of the integration testing CMS areas
T01-T99.

Whenever we started a new project we nuked our CMS and took a fresh pull
from Production P01.

The pain of checking in all changes before testing is paid for by not
having to spend days tracking something like this down.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions

http://www.theminimumyouneedtoknow.com