[Interest] Qml Text auto size text and RichText

Jérôme Godbout godboutj at amotus.ca
Fri Feb 21 16:50:41 CET 2020

Hi,
I was scratching my head for a while trying to figure why my text was not auto sizing at a particular place into my application until I figure out that the
textFormat: Text.RichText
is not compatible with
fontSizeMode: Text.Fit
minimumPixelSize: 12
font.pixelSize: 99

For some reason as soon as I set the textFormat, the Text.Fit no more work and only the font.pixelSize: is used. Any particular reason for this? is this a limitation of the rendering of the Text or this is a bug? If this is a bug I will open an issue for this. I was trying to insert subscript into a text auto sized and this was breaking the layout badly.

Thanks,