[Interest] VSCode Qt extension: use of natvis files from QtVSAddin (license)

Miguel Costa miguel.costa at qt.io
Tue Jan 14 12:27:46 CET 2020

My (non-specialized) opinion is that if you're going to use this natvis file, either bundled or downloading it in run-time, then you will need to license your extension under the GPLv3. I don't think the exception is applicable, the file is part of the source code and not an "output of [the] application".

But again this is just my layman's opinion on the matter.

BR,
--Miguel Costa