[Interest] Should onImageSaved give a URL?

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Thu Jan 23 18:22:48 CET 2020

> On Wednesday, 22 January 2020 12:52:41 PST Jason H wrote:
> > Wow. So in the intervening tie between replies I did some searching and
> > thought this was a face-palm moment, but not event the experts know about
> > Qt.resolvedUrl()
> > https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtqml-qt.html#resolvedUrl-method image.souce =
> > Qt.resolvedUrl(path);
>
> The documentation says it doesn't do what you want. It creates a URL by
> merging with the caller's path, which is a qrc:/.

Hi Thiago,
I really want to do things the "right way" but what that way is, is clear as mud. Since prefixing "file://" is so wrong, and Qt.resolvedUrl() is not doing what I need, please share the proper method?

Since there is no clear method (so far) this goes to my assertion that onImageSaved should be providing a URL, not a path.  Thoughts?