[Interest] Can I mix Qt VS Tools with Visual Studio's "Linux development with C++" to build a Qt app on Linux?

Miguel Costa miguel.costa at qt.io
Fri Jan 31 16:06:19 CET 2020

Hi,

> is it possible to mix the two and build a Qt app from Visual Studio for both Windows and Linux platforms?

Short answer is no, not yet. But it will be in relative short order. We’re planning on expanding the existing Qt/MSBuild targets so that they can also be used for cross-compilation (e.g. “linux” build in MSVC). This will allow creating Qt-enabled MSVC projects that target “linux” (read: an SSH -accessible compilation server with GNU toolchain).

At the moment, the plan is to release this new feature by the summer of 2020.

Regards,
--Miguel Costa