[Interest] Set manipulation in Qt 6

d3fault d3faultdotxbe at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 03:04:24 CEST 2020

On 6/21/20, André Pönitz <apoenitz at t-online.de> wrote:
> Having to thoroughly check each and
> every such replacement only to get in the best case the same functionality
> as before is an awful value proposition.
this.

or should we also remove QString::toLower, since one can use std
facilities to accomplish the same thing like this:
QString data = "Abc";
std::transform(data.begin(), data.end(), data.begin(),
    [](unsigned int c){ return QChar::toLower(c); });

I recall Lars Knoll saying (while defending QML) something along the
lines of: "we shouldn't sacrifice easy to use API in the name of
performance" -- but I can't find the exact quote.

d3fault