[Interest] Roland Qml

Cristián Maureira-Fredes Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io
Tue Jul 14 14:29:11 CEST 2020

On 7/14/20 1:24 PM, Roland Hughes wrote:

> On 7/14/20 5:00 AM, interest-request at qt-project.org wrote:
>>> (snip)
> When I was at a client site just over a year ago they were using an
> off-shore team that tried to do 100% of the project in QML and
> JavaScript because you can find those people for absolutely no money.
> They have no formal education with respect to computer science. Just
> read half a "Teach Yourself How to Be Totally Useless or Less in 24
> Hours" type book on JavaScript and hung out a shingle. I opened the
> binary with, I think SublimeText, perhaps KATE, doesn't matter, just a
> text editor. There it was. All the JavaScript code. I know because in
> the other frame I was looking at the actual source. The developer
> sitting beside me didn't believe me. He used Eclipse for everything.
> Ba-da-bing ba-da-boomb there it was.
> (snip)

Hello Roland,

I'm pretty sure you understand how your message breaks our Code of
Conduct, and making those generalized bias comments about developers
using other programming languages from different countries
is not admitted in this mailing list.

I'm certain The Qt project has many people that come from different
backgrounds, and not because they didn't have "a formal CS education"
means that they will produce bad code or harm any project.

As someone from an "off-shore" country,
I kindly ask you to stop generalizing your own experiences,
and maybe find a different platform to share those thoughts.

Cheers

--
Dr. Cristian Maureira-Fredes
R&D Manager