[Interest] List on moderation

mail at herrdiel.de mail at herrdiel.de
Fri Jul 17 13:07:11 CEST 2020

Hi,

sorry to write again about this. I wanted to not respond to anything
about this after my mail from 19/02/08.

But to see the whole list go on moderation because one individual member
is not capable or not willing to change his trolling behaviour, seems
odd to me.

Am 17.07.2020 um 00:22 schrieb Bernhard Lindner:
> Roland, maybe you would reach more people if you could make it short
> and a little less emotional?

We've been there. He didn't change in the past. I don't see why we
should expect change now.

If I may cite myself:

> Loaden with self-advertizing links, his rants and unproven premises
> often need no more factual base than his opinion and in their
> narcissistic self-repetition they have long become spam. It is fine to
> have an opinion. It's ok to state it clearly. But to hawk it with
> almost every email and in every non-related context is getting a tad
> tedious.
[...]

> I do appreciate the open discussion style on this list. I even do
> appreciate a somewhat harsh style, if it has a factual base and is
> getting straight to the point instead of b*s*ing around. But those
> lengthy wallpapers [...]
> have long since crossed the border from amusing to annoying.
>
> As for me, I have just plonked Roland Hughes again (no, not the first
> time). But that doesn't help if I have to read through all the
> avalanches of replies who just feed the troll (like mine now, probably).

All the points that were raised last year are still prevalent in his
emails to the list (as far as I can see from the answers, he himself is
plonked here) . There's no change to expect.

Free speech is a high value. But truth and mutual respect are  high
values, too.

This list should be about Qt and not about helping certain members to
advertise their books with starting flame wars by insulting groups of
programmers, recommending to leave Qt altogether and by spreading false
information even after being corrected by people with first hand knowledge.

Best regards

Sebastian

--
http://www.classintouch.de - Tablet-Software für Lehrer