[Interest] List on moderation

Sze Howe Koh szehowe.koh at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 14:43:26 CEST 2020

On Fri, 17 Jul 2020 at 13:37, Bernhard Lindner
<private at bernhard-lindner.de> wrote:

> > Ps: I usually don't read emails from xyz fully, but every now and then, I like the
> > critical approach, I just wish that these emails were straight to the point.
>
> Same here.
>
> Roland, maybe you would reach more people if you could make it short and a little less emotional?

* Being critical is OK.
* Being emotional is OK.
* Being long-winded is OK.
* Going off on a tangent once in a while is OK.

* Challenging the status quo is OK.
* Presenting personal opinions is OK.
* Presenting sound technical arguments is OK.
* Pointing out the flaws in others' approaches/arguments/ideas is OK.

* Being insulting and derogatory is _not_ OK.
* Going off on a tangent frequently is _not_ OK.
* Repeatedly hijacking threads and derailing them for one's own agenda
is _not_ OK.
* Making factually incorrect statements, and then refusing to retract
or acknowledge them when the error is pointed out, is _not_ OK.

> --
> Best Regards,
> Bernhard Lindner

Regards,