[Interest] wss:// on localhost

Alexander Carôt alexander_carot at gmx.net
Tue Jul 28 08:44:40 CEST 2020

> what about setting up a proxy/loadbalancer like nginx/haproxy and let him do the ssl termination?
> and hide the backend completly, that is, let frontend communicate only with the proxy/lb?
> why not connect via ssl always?

The websocket server is part of an application each user downloads to his/her machine so we basically have no control over this. For several other reasons we want to make sure that the traffic between app and browser does not leave localhost or in some cases the LAN.

Best

Alex

--
http://www.carot.de