[Interest] Oauth2 redirect url

Jérôme Godbout godboutj at amotus.ca
Mon Jun 1 23:02:38 CEST 2020

Hi,
I’m porting an old application to new Qt version (last build was made with Qt 5.9 if I remember well). This application was using oauth2 authentication. Now with Qt 5.12 or 5.15, I can an error with the redirect url since it doesn’t match the one that were configured.
The old one was using:
http://localhost:8888
and now it does:
http://127.0.0.1:8888

When it open the web browser, I get an error unsupported redirect url, if I modify the url request bar by hand and replace the 127.0.0.1 by localhost it work and I get to authenticate. But I cannot allow that for end user 😉

I guess I will have to modify the whole chain on all allowed application to add a new supported url and modify my info.plsit and my AndroidManifest.xml
But I was wondering if there is a way to change that url redirect somehow.

N.B.1: Why not allow any redirect url, it’s not like it add any security (I can handle the result with localhost and send the info to whoever I want after, it does so into plain http!).
N.B.2: Is any https to redirect will ever come to oauth module?