[Interest] Windows 7 support will be dropped in Qt 6

Sérgio Martins iamsergio at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 16:45:24 CEST 2020

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 1:42 PM Oliver Wolff <oliver.wolff at qt.io> wrote:

>      - We can focus our Windows resources on bug fixes and new
> functionality instead of maintaining this "legacy" operating system
>      - CI resources that are used for Windows 7 tests can be used to
> test other configurations

Please don't move resources from Win10 to Win7. The Windows team is
already spread pretty thin and there's many QPA bugs to fix.
Win10 shouldn't suffer at the expense of legacy.
Besides, Qt 5.15 is supported until 2023 too. If Microsoft ever
extends paid-support further I suggest Qt 5.15 is extended too.

Regards,
Sérgio M.