[Interest] [Development] Windows 7 support will be dropped in Qt 6

Filip Piechocki fpiechocki at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 09:42:59 CEST 2020

Hi,
for me not updating a system, software etc for many years is just equal to
building a technical debt. Any serious company should be aware that this
will finally kick them in their butt, should have measure the potential
cost and decide where is the point where they should switch. If a company
decides to not care about this then someone else will decide for them for
example by dropping support for their OS/hardware/whatever.
Backwards compatibility is nice but the world (especially IT world) is
moving forward and lagging behind is a potential risk and cost.

BR
Filip