[Interest] Crashing in qMetaTypeCustomType_unlocked

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Mon Jun 22 19:42:57 CEST 2020

On 6/22/20, 1:20 PM, "Interest on behalf of Thiago Macieira" <interest-bounces at qt-project.org on behalf of thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

    On Monday, 22 June 2020 09:50:20 PDT Michael Jackson wrote:
    > We are currently experiencing some intermittent crashing in our program. The
    > stacktrace is below. The code was compiled in "Release" mode. This is on an
    > Ubuntu 18.04 (with all updates) and using GCC 8.4.0
    > (https://my.cdash.org/buildSummary.php?buildid=1843613). We use the
    > prebuilt Qt 5.12.8 from the downloads.qt.io website. We are trying to
    > reproduce the bug in a Debug build but no luck so far.
    >
    > I've never really had an issue like this and so I'm just looking for ideas
    > on what it might be? Also note that we build nightly on macOS and Windows
    > and those builds do not have any issues. Most use the same version of Qt
    > 5.12.

    Because those are probably not using D-Bus for anything. This is also showing
    "plugins/bearer/../.." which is really weird. I've never seen this show up. I
    don't know if we can attribute this to the NetworkManager bearer plugin (which
    does use D-Bus) or if this is just a red herring.

    But there's a simple way to test: can you delete the NM plugin and see if the
    problem goes away?
     plugins/bearer/*

Thank you for the suggestion. I did the following (Hoping I interpreted your instructions correctly)

$ cd /opt/DREAM3D_SDK/Qt5.12.8/5.12.8/gcc_64/plugins/bearer
$ mv libqnmbearer.so bak_libqnmbearer.so.bak

Kicked off a new build. Results will be at <https://dev.azure.com/BlueQuartzSoftware/DREAM3D/_build/results?buildId=279&view=logs&j=1ee29c43-a44e-5e49-79a9-6f3da8136d88>.

--
Michael Jackson
BlueQuartz Software