[Interest] Qt 6.0 and the future of QWebSockets module

Lars Knoll lars.knoll at qt.io
Fri Jun 26 15:11:25 CEST 2020

Hi,

The plan is to bring those modules back after Qt 6.0. This is mainly a prioritisation question right now, where the choice was to focus most development efforts on the Qt Essentials to make them as good as possible for Qt 6.

So I expect that we’ll have a fully supported web sockets module available for Qt 6 by the time 6.1 or latest 6.2 is being released.

Cheers,
Lars