[Interest] WebEngine proxy whitelist

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Thu Mar 5 21:54:55 CET 2020

On Thursday, 5 March 2020 20:57:06 CET Benjamin TERRIER wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 at 19:56, Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde at carewolf.com> wrote:
> > Could you write it as a pac-script?
> >
> > I think there are some Chromium command-line arguments too that can change
> > the
> > defaults, but I think a pac-script is the most flexible and universal way.
>
> This could be a solution. If PAC is supported by Qt Web Engine.
>
> I searched how to configure Qt Web Engine to use PAC and all I found was:
>
> *Note:* If the first page takes long too load, this is often because Qt
>
> > WebEngine queries the network for a PAC (Proxy Auto-Configuration) file.
>
> in https://wiki.qt.io/QtWebEngine/Network . Well, ok, but there is no
> information how to enable this.
>
> And I also found this in qutebrowser changelogs:
>
> PAC proxies currently don't work properly on QtWebEngine (and never did), so
> >   an error is now shown when trying to configure a PAC proxy.
>
> So I am a bit skeptical.

I don't know why they would say that, as far as I know it works. In any case I
would suggest using the same mechanism we use for testing PAC support:
The command line argument "--proxy-pac-url=file://$$PACFILE"

And since it is how we test our PAC support it is covered by our regression
tests ;)

'Allan