[Interest] Missing Qt versions in archives

Benjamin TERRIER b.terrier at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 10:39:56 CET 2020

Hi all,

Some Qt versions were recently removed from http://download.qt.io/archive/qt

Specifically versions 5.2 to 5.8 and versions 5.10 and 5.11 are not
available.

A few weeks ago I was still able to download Qt 5.5 from
http://download.qt.io/archive/qt/5.5/5.5.1/qt-opensource-linux-x64-5.5.1.run
now I have a nice 404 error as the 5.5 folder does not exist anymore.

So now there is no way to download old versions like 5.5 as they are not in
the online installer.
And this includes both the offline installer and the source tar packages.

Anyone knows what's going on?

I'd guess that it is link to the Qt Company new "no offline installer for
GPL users".
But removing previously available offline installers for versions that are
not in the online installer? And even removing  sources? What's the point?

Regards

Benjamin