[Interest] Qt Creator licensing for companies with Qt Commercial developers

Andy asmaloney at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 15:46:45 CEST 2020

> "This is at the moment not listed as an allowed case..."

And this again is here the Qt company is digging it's own grave.

What constitutes a "product"? If a company has one team working on an open
source library and another team using it in a proprietary application -
what then? What if an internal tool uses some code or a library from
proprietary application? What if...

Even a solo developer needs to hire a lawyer before touching anything
Qt-related.

Once you start trying to codify all the different scenarios in your
licensing, it becomes toxic and people will avoid it

---
Andy Maloney  //  https://asmaloney.com
twitter ~ @asmaloney <https://twitter.com/asmaloney>