[Interest] CONFIG c++2a vs. QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -std=c++2a

Michael Corcoran michael.corcoran at outlook.com
Mon May 11 11:37:58 CEST 2020

Hi Bernhard,

This is documented on the QMake Variable Reference page [0]. strict_c++ disables compiler extensions, so for example if you specify CONFIG += -std=c++2a with GCC [1] you will end up with --std=gnu++2a being passed to the compiler, and with instead CONFIG += -std=c++2a strict_c++ you will get --std=c++2a.

Best Regards,
Michael

[0] https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qmake-variable-reference.html
[1] https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/C-Dialect-Options.html --std section