[Interest] Qt 5.15 for Linux/X11 : "-qt-xcb" no longer supported?

Viet-Tam Luu viettaml at google.com
Wed May 13 16:57:25 CEST 2020

Hi folks,

we've long used the -qt-xcb configure option to build Qt XCB support
without supplying the boatload of pesky dependencies, but contrary to what
the Qt 5.15 "Requirements" page (
https://doc-snapshots.qt.io/qt5-5.15/linux-requirements.html) says, it no
longer appears to be supported, now instead being a boolean argument
according to the configure error message I get when I try to specify it,
and confirmed by looking in qtbase/src/gui/configure.json.

Were the Qt-supplied XCB libraries removed from the Qt sources (and the
documentation is just out of date), or is the option still supported except
for a bug in the configure scripts?

Regards,

- Tam
--