[Interest] QMake contains and include

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu May 21 03:44:19 CEST 2020

On Wednesday, 20 May 2020 10:39:50 PDT Jérôme Godbout wrote:
> If I may, why I want that in QtCreator exactly? what is the use case for
> this? If my project doesn't use a part, why is it parsed at all? What will
> happen if that unused .pri make a failure for something missing? Will it
> failed to load the project and stop? let's say I have an option that
> require an interaction with another subrepos, one project might not need
> that part and not have it checkout, the .pri that interact with it would
> not be include, how would QtCreator react to this?

Are those two source files not part of your project? If they are, then they
should be included in the file listing. I assume you sometimes edit them.

The Qt Creator ProParser code has some different error recovery mechanisms
than qmake. Obviously it's going to be non-fatal to interact with a repository
that is missing. It will also not run $$system() and do some other things that
qmake would.