[Interest] Matching borders between QFrame and QGraphicsView

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 18:45:57 CET 2020

I'm doing some heavily tweaked rendering, and having trouble getting
frames to render correctly. In particular, I have (subclasses of) QFrame
and QGraphicsView.

The QGraphicsView seems "mostly" sane except that I can't get it to use
all the way to the widget's outer edge... but that's not necessarily the
end of the world.

The problem I'm having is that QFrame has the same issue, but here, I
*do* need it to use all the way to the edges of the widget. I can make
that happen by fiddling with the contents margins... but then I run into
problems.

If I adjust the contents margins, I can get the frame to use its entire
size, *BUT* this also pushes the frame border outside the widget. I can
compensate by tweaking the render code... but then the QGraphicsView is
wrong, because changing the contents margins on that has no effect on
the frame.

Why does the behavior differ, and how can I fix it? (I'd rather not have
to tweak the style rendering to have to be sensitive to what QFrame
subclass it is drawing...)

--
Matthew