[Interest] Window ID of the current screen (root window)?

mirabilos t.glaser at tarent.de
Fri Nov 20 18:13:38 CET 2020

On Fri, 20 Nov 2020, Volker Hilsheimer wrote:

> In Qt 6 there is no more Qt API to get the X11 root window for a
> display (also note that QDesktopWidget as a whole is gone).
>
> So, you either have to go native if you rely on X11 specific data

But I’m not even using anything X11-specific… in fact, this should
be portable. Both QDesktopWidget and KWallet APIs are that at least.

I’m not nearly versed enough in either C++ or Qt to comment, so
could you (as in, Qt project) please take this up with the KDE
upstream developers which I assume you have a good relationship
with?

I’m “just” trying to access the KDE wallet.

Thanks,
//mirabilos
--
tarent solutions GmbH