[Interest] Problem creating QLowEnergyService object

ekke ekke at ekkes-corner.org
Thu Oct 8 12:21:14 CEST 2020

Am 08.10.20 um 02:58 schrieb tom spencer via Interest:

> Background info - I am working with a Polar H10 heart rate sensor -
> the sensor provides both heart rate and ecg data.
>
> I have no problem creating a QLowEnergyService object when I am
> dealing with heart rate. The problem lies with attempting to create
> the service object for ecg. The createServiceObject takes a
> QBluetoothUuid, problem is ecg is not one of the GATT standard items
> and is not contained in QBluetoothUuid. The Polar UUID for ecg is
> "FB005C80-02E7-F387-1CAD-8ACD2D8DF0C8". Is it possible to create the
> service object with this information or am I out of luck trying to get
> non standard data or is there another approach?
>
> Thanks in Advance
>
> Tom

there should be no problem. In some of my apps (Android, iOS) I'm using
BT LE Scanner Devices, HealthCardReader and other kind of devices not
relying on GATT standard devices. see also my demo app at github
(https://github.com/ekke/ekkesBTLEexample) or in the Google Play / Apple
stores. download this Qt app and you should be able to detect and
explore the services and characteristics of your Polar H10