[Interest] question for a blocking background thread call

Scott Bloom scott at towel42.com
Tue Oct 20 22:16:47 CEST 2020

Im working with a thirdparty lib, that I have zero control over 😊

Essentially, on a “button click” a long running blocking function call is executed. I can safely call the function into a background thread, but I don’t want the gui flow to continue.

My idea is the following, a class that takes a lambda.

When a blocking function is called on the class, the lambda is executed in a background thread.  While the function waits calling processEvents without user events being handled (this part is easy…)

Does anyone have an example to follow for this.  Unfortunately, Im hitting all sorts of weirdness when getting this.

TIA
Scott