[Interest] question for a blocking background thread call

Scott Bloom scott at towel42.com
Wed Oct 21 02:37:24 CEST 2020

Well. I 100% totally overthought this... and was able to implement this in about 10 lines of code using a derivation of QProgressDIalog + QtConcurrent

The progress dialog, is run with windowModality set to  Qt::WindowModal,

I overload exec, and launch the function then call QProgressDialog::exec.

Works like charm. Thanks for the advice.

Scott