[Interest] Double free in QItemDelegate editor

Kyle Edwards kyle.edwards at kitware.com
Fri Sep 4 18:06:16 CEST 2020

On 9/3/20 5:49 PM, Giuseppe D'Angelo via Interest wrote:
> Do you have a minimal testcase? What does valgrind / ASAN say?

No minimal test case yet. ASAN says the widget's destructor is calling
QObjectPrivate::deleteChildren(), which then says "attempting free on
address which was not malloc()ed: 0x..."

Looking through the code, I don't see anything right away that could
have been added as a child of this widget which was stack-allocated.

Interestingly, the stack trace shows that the widget's destructor is
being called within one of its own methods. Whether it's the same widget
or just the same class but a different instance, I'm not sure (ASAN's
stack trace doesn't print this information.)

I'll take a closer look.

Kyle