[Interest] Debugging a double dealloc

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Wed Sep 23 14:41:42 CEST 2020

Il 23/09/20 14:08, Ben Haller via Interest ha scritto:
> Thanks for the suggestion.  However, this problem is only on macOS, and Valgrind doesn’t appear to run on any macOS later than 10.12 (“preliminary” support for 10.13, according to their website; I’m not sure what that means).  I’m on macOS 10.15.6, and I’m using Qt 5.14.2 which has a minimum macOS version of 10.13, so Valgrind seems to be a no-go for at least one reason, perhaps two reasons (depending on “preliminary”).

There is a fork of Valgrind to support more modern macOS versions

https://github.com/LouisBrunner/valgrind-macos/

(Note: never used it myself, not a mac user).

Another option is getting a recent Clang version and rebuilding Qt and
your app with AddressSanitizer.

HTH,

KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts