[Interest] Queued signals lost in 5.15.0 (works in 5.12.5) (Windows)

Harri Porten porten at froglogic.com
Fri Sep 25 23:31:38 CEST 2020

Hello Rainer,

On Thu, 24 Sep 2020, Rainer Wiesenfarth wrote:

> I have a strange problem that for a certain queued signal/slot
> connection the signal is emitted, but the event does not reach the
> connected slot. This problem is reproducible in Qt 5.15.0, but does not
> occur in Qt 5.12.5. Unfortunately, the simple test program (see attached
> file) does not show the behavior.

Last time I saw something like this happening the bug was sought in Qt.
But then found in the application :)

One of the QObjects lived in the wrong thread. Printing and comparing of
QObject::thread() pointers helped to identify and fix the problem. A
missing QObject::moveToThread() call iirc.

Harri.