[Interest] Queued signals lost in 5.15.0 (works in 5.12.5) (Windows)

Rainer Wiesenfarth rainer_wiesenfarth at trimble.com
Mon Sep 28 07:08:53 CEST 2020

Hi all,

thanks for your assistance and hints!

I found a workaround in our code by removing a call to
QCoreApplication::processEvents() and reorganizing some code.

Concerning your suggestions:

   - I can exclude not properly registered metatypes, as all signals are of
   type "void signal()"
   - I'll tend to also exclude objects living in the wrong thread as it
   only happens for one subclass and it works in Qt 5.12.5. Plus, the
   connection is (and is intended to be) a queued connection (even with sender
   and receiver in the same thread)

My (wild) guess: it is a race condition, maybe related to the timer for
handling posted events introduced between Qt 5.12.5 and Qt 5.15.0 -
however, I do not have a more detailed analysis or specific cause.

I'll try 5.15.x (with x > 0) some day, but as we use custom builds of Qt,
this easily requires half a day per version - that is also the main reason
why I do not use git bisect or a similar approach.

Thanks again, and cheers
Rainer

--
Software Engineer | Trimble Imaging Division
Rotebühlstraße 81 | 70178 Stuttgart | Germany

Trimble Germany GmbH, Am Prime Parc 11, 65479 Raunheim
Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Darmstadt unter HRB 83893,
Geschäftsführer: Rob Reeder, Jürgen Kesper