[Interest] QNetworkConfigurationManager::isOnline always returns false on Android 11

ekke ekke at ekkes-corner.org
Mon Sep 28 21:35:51 CEST 2020

Am 28.09.20 um 17:56 schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> On Monday, 28 September 2020 00:49:49 PDT ekke wrote:
>> I wait 2 minutes and try again
>>
>> if server still not reachable, repeat this max 5 times to avoid
>> endless-trying-to-connect
>>
>> if still no success, I pause the Queue
>>
>> User gets message and has to restart the Queue manually
>>
>> message tells User to check if the server is OK (perhaps call the
>> admin), to check if device is really online, trying to switch wifi
>> on/off or to check if mobile network is active without allowing data
>> transfer...
> In other words, if the user has the device in his/her pocket and walks over to
> where a network with a captive portal exists, the device may pause the queue
> and not resume it without user action. So the when the user comes back from
> Starbucks and resumes work, the device will not transmit. At the end of the
> day, when they try to sign off, they discover that nothing has been sent for 6
> hours.
>
> Is that correct?

yep - exactly

the only difference: a typical caregiver has no time to look for a
Starbucks ;-)

he/she is driving from one patient to the next and if you're out in
small villages it will happen soon, that you'll have no network
coverage, which would stop transmitting.

and yes, when they try to sign off they'll notice nothing was sent.

esp in healthcare it's really important to send Vital Values, Wound
Images, given drugs reports... as soon as possible to server

the great thing with watching for online SIGNAL: coming back to areas
with better coverage the done work will automagically be sent to server.

(in reality: after getting ONLINE-SIGNAL I'm waiting 3 minutes and only
if there's no OFFLINE-SIGNAL will then start to tranmit. This helps in
areas where network comes and goes...

ekke