[Interest] Simplest way of dynamically updating a texture to be displayed on a shader material

Nuno Santos nuno.santos at imaginando.pt
Sat Apr 3 20:22:39 CEST 2021

Hi,

I have a material that is painting a texture. The texture was created with window()->createTextureFromImage

Let’s say that now I want to update that image at 60 frames per second. This might not be a very efficient way of doing it.

What would be the simplest way of creating a texture which will constantly be updated and painted via QSGMaterialShader

I’ve seen that there is a private QSGVideoNode_* that basically paints a video frame using a texture that is updated whenever a new frame arrives.

Would this be the best example (and the most performant way) for what I am trying to achieve?

Thanks!

Nuno