[Interest] Guide me through the Qt offerings for GUIs

Roland Hughes roland at logikalsolutions.com
Wed Apr 21 14:23:47 CEST 2021

On 4/21/2021 7:17 AM, Vlad Stelmahovsky wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 1:50 PM Roland Hughes
> <roland at logikalsolutions.com <mailto:roland at logikalsolutions.com>> wrote:
>

>     On 4/21/2021 6:36 AM, Vlad Stelmahovsky wrote:
>>     Using Electron has nothing to do with licensing issues. The issue
>>     is common programming knowledge level is going down when
>>     programmers paradise promised for newcomers: learn HTML
>>     programming language (sic!) and you are rich
>>     btw, is Electron licensed for use in medical devices?
>
>     The professional sound equipment company moved from Qt to Electron
>     because of licensing. They already had all of the C++ Qt
>     developers. They had to learn how to use Electron.
>

> I have experience with a musicians related company, which just bought
> a license and that's it. no whining and excuses. they just have a real
> picture of their need and did what then have to do

We shall see. This company converted a very large installed base from Qt
during the pandemic shutdown because of the licensing. They are a big
name in professional sound and have quite a number of products. They
make stuff for concert halls, high end theaters, and professional
recording studios.

Personally I thought their code base was too extensive to ever leave.
They bit the bullet.

Judging from the influx in the CopperSpice world, a lot of companies
with projects large and small are biting the bullet.

Best regards,

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions