[Interest] Help a unix guy on windows qmake

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Thu Apr 22 16:40:28 CEST 2021

> On Wednesday, 21 April 2021 10:39:01 PDT Giuseppe D'Angelo via Interest wrote:
> > But no $X. I'm still not sure what $PROJ means.
>
> The way the example was given, the string "$PROJ" will be written literally to
> the Makefile. Make will then interpret it as $(P)ROJ, which is likely not what
> you want.
>
> $ gmake -f /dev/stdin <<<'all: ; @echo $PROJ'
> ROJ
> $ gmake -f /dev/stdin P=abc <<<'all: ; @echo $PROJ'
> abcROJ

Thanks for all the help everyone!

One thing I did notice was message($$PWD) worked fine on on one platform but not on windows.

I got a message like:
    message() requires one argument

I was using:
    message($$LIBS)

But Qt is now borke (computer locked not Qt's fault) and I'll re-install it:
    Could not find the platform plugin "windows" in ""

But now message($$LIBS) works, so I have no idea what is real anymore.