[Interest] L Word

Bernhard Lindner private at bernhard-lindner.de
Thu Apr 29 12:02:15 CEST 2021

The main problem isn't trolling. The main problem is: Roland comes from a completely
different world. The world of functional safety. This world is difficult and a completely
different from conventional software development. It is particularly different from
smartphone and web development. And it doesn't have much to do with desktop software
development. I have also been in this world for more than 3 years. A world where
programming is the least important thing. Where documentation is important. And the law.
And prison. And accuracy and multi-level tests and reliability and verification and
validation and standards. And many years of support. And certifications. A person who has
worked in this world for a long time has different priorities. Roland calls this "True
Software Engineering".

Obviously, Qt has nothing to do with this type of software engineering. And it's obviously
not suitable for functional safety (at least not if you take it seriously).

What I don't understand is why Roland doesn't just leave the mailing list and forget about
Qt. Qt is not suitable for use in his industrial sector, so I can't understand why he
spends so much time writing about the conflict between the reality of Qt and the reality
of his industrial sector. If I were him, I would have given up trying to influence Qt's
strategy a long time ago.

(Actually, I'm about to give up my hopes for desktop development with Qt).

So, Roland, why are you keeping the conflicts going?

--
Best Regards,
Bernhard Lindner