[Interest] Configuring Qt's built-in freetype ?

Marius Kittler mkittler at suse.de
Thu Aug 26 15:02:19 CEST 2021

Hi,

I'm also using Arch and that's how they configured their FreeType2 build:
https://github.com/archlinux/svntogit-packages/tree/packages/freetype2/trunk

There are indeed some patches which might be an improvement.

They also build with Harfbuzz support so its configuration might make a
difference as well:
https://github.com/archlinux/svntogit-packages/blob/packages/harfbuzz/trunk/
PKGBUILD

I don't know whether you can influence the configuration of the bundled
FreeType2 without patching. I personally simply configure Qt to use the
system-provided library.

For instance I also conduct my Windows builds under Arch for which I'm using
my custom FreeType2 build in form of the `mingw-w64-freetype2` package. I try
to configure the `mingw-w64-freetype2` package as close as possible to the
regular `freetype2` package:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mingw-w64-freetype2

I suppose using your own FreeType2 build should work under any build
environment as long as you install it somewhere Qt can find it.

Note that the runtime configuration might also make a difference.