[Interest] Dumping compiler flags

Konrad Rosenbaum konrad at silmor.de
Tue Dec 21 16:43:39 CET 2021

Hi,

On 21/12/2021 15:53, Bob Hood wrote:
> I seem to recall, in the dim, distant past, using a Qt utility
> (qmake?) to display the compiler flags that were used to build the Qt
> version.  Am I remember that correctly? If so, can somebody give me
> the command line for displaying that info?

Indirectly: "qmake -query" will tell you all the directories where you
find parts of Qt and the QMAKE_SPEC that will be used for your own
projects - usually Qt was build with the same spec. What exact compiler
flags will be used is something that you'll find inside the definition
of that spec.

You find the spec definition in
$QT_HOST_DATA/mkspecs/$QMAKE_SPEC/qmake.conf you have to follow all the
includes as well as $QT_HOST_DATA/mkspecs/q*.pri

If you really want the compile settings of Qt and not the ones you
should use for your own project, then you need access to the actual Qt
build directory where you'll find those settings in the cache files.

...at least that's all I'm aware of. Maybe someone else knows a magic
bullet merchand? ;-)

     Konrad