[Interest] Android 11/SDK 30 file issues

maitai maitai at virtual-winds.org
Tue Dec 21 21:40:10 CET 2021

Hi and thanks for answering,

I have dug a lot today into it and my feeling is that it is not a qt
bug.

I am still locked on it, with many users impacted.

Basically the situation is that although I request permissions for a
dedicated folder (let's say /storage/emulated/0/Documents/myAppName),
which is a folder the app created, whenever the user adds files into it
I can see only "MEDIA" files (.jpg, .png, etc). All the rest (let's say
a .000 file, or .zip) is just invisible. All .000 files created by the
app are visible, but not those created by "copy to" from Android file
explorer. I use an intent ACTION_OPEN_DOCUMENT_TREE to allow a full
directory access, but even in Java I can see only "MEDIA" files once
accepted.

Any kind of hints really needed.

Thanks
Philippe

Le 21-12-2021 21:16, Andreas Buhr a écrit :

> Hi Philippe,
>
> On 21.12.21 12:04, maitai wrote:
>
>> But now with the new build with SDK30 application sees only files it
>> has just created, not even the files created by the previous version,
>> and does not see any new file copied for instance in this folder by
>> the user.
>
> thanks a lot for reporting this, this sounds like a serious problem.
> Let's create a bug entry on bugreports.qt.io for this to track it.
>
> Would you like to create the bug entry? If you don't want to go through
> the hassle of creating a bug entry, I can create it as well, just let
> me
> know.
>
> cheers,
> Andreas