[Interest] Dumping compiler flags

Bob Hood bhood2 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 22 15:19:01 CET 2021

On 12/21/2021 8:43 AM, Konrad Rosenbaum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 21/12/2021 15:53, Bob Hood wrote:
>> I seem to recall, in the dim, distant past, using a Qt utility (qmake?) to
>> display the compiler flags that were used to build the Qt version.  Am I
>> remember that correctly? If so, can somebody give me the command line for
>> displaying that info?
>
> Indirectly: "qmake -query" will tell you all the directories where you find
> parts of Qt and the QMAKE_SPEC that will be used for your own projects -
> usually Qt was build with the same spec. What exact compiler flags will be
> used is something that you'll find inside the definition of that spec.
>
> You find the spec definition in $QT_HOST_DATA/mkspecs/$QMAKE_SPEC/qmake.conf
> you have to follow all the includes as well as $QT_HOST_DATA/mkspecs/q*.pri
>
> If you really want the compile settings of Qt and not the ones you should
> use for your own project, then you need access to the actual Qt build
> directory where you'll find those settings in the cache files.
>
> ...at least that's all I'm aware of. Maybe someone else knows a magic bullet
> merchand? ;-)

It must have been another package I was thinking of, then.  I recall being
able to retrieve the exact build flags for the framework, which could then be
applied verbatim to the project that depended upon it to ensure parity.  For
some reason I thought that was Qt, but it must have been before I discovered
it so many years ago.

Thanks so much for your reply, Konrad.