[Interest] Dumping compiler flags

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Dec 23 13:38:19 CET 2021

On Wednesday, 22 December 2021 13:15:36 -03 Konrad Rosenbaum wrote:
> pkg-config --cflags $PACKAGE
>    --> gives you the compiler flags you need for that package
>
> pkg-config --libs $PACKAGE
>    --> gives you the link directive for the package

You are very correct, but as you wrote, this is about the flags you need to
use that package. That's actually likely what the OP needs, even though it's
not what he asked for.

The OP was asking for the flags used in Qt's actual build. Those are likely
going to be different, with a lot more flags than what are needed or even
recommended for client code.

And, of course, for Qt 6 we appear to have no pkg-config files. Use CMake.