[Interest] Android 11/SDK 30 file issues

maitai maitai at virtual-winds.org
Thu Dec 23 18:55:35 CET 2021

Hi,

The current state is the following:

Although I duly request READ/WRITE permissions on a folder using an
Intent.ACTION_OPEN_DOCUMENT_TREE (let's say Documents/appName), Qt
cannot see any files except media files (png, etc). It sees only
directory structure and media files, and files created by itself. In
Java I can see and open the other files only using Uris and not File.

I think the problem is already reported, it's
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-97779

I am still struggling to find a solution, any advise really appreciated.

Thanks
--Philippe

Le 22-12-2021 09:35, Andreas Buhr a écrit :

> Hi Philippe,
>
> On 21.12.21 21:40, maitai wrote:
>
>> I have dug a lot today into it and my feeling is that it is not a qt
>> bug.
>
> Even if it is not a Qt bug, Qt users are affected by it and it would
> be valuable to have one central point where we collect information
> about it. A bug entry on bugreports.qt.io is the right place for this.
> Would you like to create one? If you like, I can do it as well.
>
> cheers,
> Andreas
>
> Le 21-12-2021 21:16, Andreas Buhr a écrit : Hi Philippe,
>
> On 21.12.21 12:04, maitai wrote: But now with the new build with SDK30
> application sees only files it
> has just created, not even the files created by the previous version,
> and does not see any new file copied for instance in this folder by
> the user.
> thanks a lot for reporting this, this sounds like a serious problem.
> Let's create a bug entry on bugreports.qt.io for this to track it.
>
> Would you like to create the bug entry? If you don't want to go through
> the hassle of creating a bug entry, I can create it as well, just let
> me
> know.
>
> cheers,
> Andreas