[Interest] QML MouseArea containsMouse is set to true even if it's not actually

Alexander Dyagilev alervdvcw at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 18:14:13 CET 2021

Hello,

In our code we have one MouseArea which fills entire parent:

MouseArea{

id:mouseAreaRow

hoverEnabled:true

anchors.fill:parent

propagateComposedEvents:true

onPressed:{mouse.accepted=false}

}

And we have another MouseArea which fills a small part of the same area
which the first MouseArea fills:

MouseArea{

id:mouseAreaUp

hoverEnabled:true

anchors.fill:parent

cursorShape:Qt.PointingHandCursor

}

The problem is that sometimes mouseAreaUp.containsMouse continues to be
set to true even after the mouse left its area. Most of the time it
happens when the mouse pointer is moved very fast.

Is this a known issue or maybe some misunderstanding on our side?

Is there any workaround? Is it possible to at least force MouseArea to
recheck if it really contains the mouse pointer?