[Interest] Faster way of rendering QOpenGLFramebufferObject to image

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 15:10:42 CEST 2021

Hi Nuno,

I'm really out of my waters here, but, provided you don't need to hold
on to each AVFrame after you are "done with it", you could perhaps
avoid having to allocate a QImage for each frame (which toImage forces
you to do) by just allocating a a single AVFrame and a single memory
buffer for it, and then do what toImage does, which is make sure the
FBO is bound and read the pixels off of it with glReadPixels. Then you
could read the pixels straight into the memory buffer used by your
AVFrame.

That way you would save the overhead of a new QImage being allocated
each time, which might speed things up..?

Just ideas here. Have not worked with GL or ffmpeg before.

Elvis