[Interest] Adding Emscripten compiler for C language

Nicholas Yue yue.nicholas at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 19:33:01 CEST 2021

Hi,

  I am trying to add webassembly for 5.14.2 to QtCreator

  I have been able to build via qmake and run the wasm via emrun on the
command line.
  I was hoping to fold that feature to develop and test within Qt Creator.
  I have been following the instructions that came with QtCreator as
shipped with Qt 5.14.2, I am running on Ubuntu 18.04

  I am able to register Emscripten compiler for C++ but not fo C, whenever
I try to add, the entry ends up in the C++ section, not the C section.

[image: image.png]

  Could it be a bug ?

  When I start up QtCreator I see the following in the output

[image: image.png]
  Since Qt is written in C++, does it matter ?

Cheers
--
Nicholas Yue
Graphics - Arnold, Alembic, RenderMan, OpenGL, HDF5