[Interest] Qt 5.15, PySide2, QWidgets not refreshing on Change

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Wed Jun 30 17:43:17 CEST 2021

Replying to my own question (actually, not sure my first message made it to the list), a helpful colleague found the following:

https://forum.qt.io/topic/98059/push-button-label-settext-not-refreshing-under-macos

which leads to https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-68740 and https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-68521. I have a small test project that shows that those bugs are back with Qt 5.15.2 and 5.13.

Should I reopen the bug(s), start a new bug? I figure there is no hope of getting them fixed with the current emphasis on Qt 6 but at least if someone else experiences this issue then it might be nice to have the issue documented.

I was able to reproduce the issue on macOS 10.14 and 10.15 but not macOS 11 (Big Sur) and Windows 10. All were running the same conda virtual environment. Same in the sense that the same commands were use to generate each environment on each respective system.

--
Mike Jackson